First Pay MasterCard® Debit Card
- Easy As Cash: With First Pay, you don’t have to carry large amounts of cash or a checkbook. Also, it is faster than writing a check.
- Accepted Where Checks Are Not…First National Bank’s First Pay Debit Card allows access to your checking account anywhere you see the MASTERCARD® symbol. You can use your card at places that normally will not accept checks, such as restaurants, gas stations, and hotels—over 25 million locations worldwide.
- Linked to ATMs…Linking your new First Pay Debit Card to your First National Bank checking account allows easy access to funds in your account using any MASTERCARD®, PULSE®, CIRRUS®, or PLUS® network ATM around Central Texas and around the world. Fees may apply for cash withdrawals or transfer of funds at ATMs we do not own or operate.
- Since First Pay is also part of the MASTERCARD® Network, you can use it just like a credit card to make purchases. Instead of charging purchases, the amount is simply deducted from your checking account.
- Stay Organized…Managing your money has never been easier. A description of every card purchase you make appears on your regular monthly checking statement.
First National Bank is now pleased to offer MasterCard® SecureCode™, a simple and secure way to pay online with your First Pay Debit MasterCard. You choose your own personal MasterCard SecureCode and it is never shared with any merchant. A private code means added protection against unauthorized use of your debit card when you shop online at participating online retailers.
Every time you pay online at participating retailers with your First Pay MasterCard, you will be automatically prompted to enter your own personal SecureCode, just like entering a PIN at the ATM. In seconds, your card issuer confirms it's you and allows your purchase to be completed. It’s fast and easy to register!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 512-321-2561 or visit your nearest First National Bank location.
Register for MasterCard® SecureCode™.
Look for this logo when shopping online
Learn more about the advantages of our MasterCard First Pay Debit Card with our helpful FAQ section.
What do I do if my card is Lost or Stolen?
Report your lost or stolen debit card immediately by calling 512-321-2561 or
1-866-546-8273 after banking hours.
When do I get my debit card?
Your debit card will be mailed to you within 1 week.
If I select the “Credit” option for a purchase do I incur debt?
The card works the same for purchases whether you select the “debit” or “credit” option. You must subtract the amount of your purchase from your checkbook.
What is the difference between selecting “Credit” or “Debit”?
If the transaction is processed with “Credit” option your signature is required. If the transaction is processed with “Debit” option you are required to input your PIN.
Is there any reason I would ever want to use the “Debit” option?
If you want cash back over the amount of your purchase, you would have to press “debit” or “ATM” and then enter your PIN.
Are the funds withdrawn from my checking account immediately?
No. Once the purchase is authorized, that amount is held against your current balance until the transaction comes through. It will be deducted from your account within two or three days for a signature (Credit) transaction, or within the same business day the PIN (debit) transaction was made. For card transactions, a Business day is a regular calendar day, Monday through Sunday, and resets at the end of each day at midnight CST for dollar and transaction frequency limitation purposes.
What are my daily transaction limits?
You may withdraw up to $1,000 cash from ATM terminals using your Debit Card if there are sufficient funds in your account at the time of the transaction. You may purchase up to $1,000 worth of goods and services each calendar day with your Debit Card using your PIN. You may purchase up to $2,000 worth of goods and services each calendar day with your Debit Card without your PIN (generally a signature or online transaction) if there are sufficient funds in your account at the time of the transaction. You may not exceed $2,000.00 in total transactions each calendar day using your Debit Card.
Business debit cards have a maximum $7,000 in total transactions each calendar day—$1,000.00 cash from ATM terminals and up to $5,000 at POS and ATM terminals that require your PIN each calendar day. For transactions that do not require a PIN, a signature may be required, and you may be limited to $5,000 in transactions each calendar day.
Is there a limit on the number of transactions per day?
Yes. The maximum number of transactions allowed per day is 15 transactions, of which only 5 pinned transactions per business day are allowed. Pre-authorizations and purchase requests count against the transaction limit.
Can merchants place a hold on my account for more than the amount of my purchase?
Yes. Some merchants such as hotels, airlines, restaurants, pay-at-the-pump gas stations, bar tabs, and car rentals to name a few, may preauthorize your account for an amount greater than the purchase price. The preceding list does not include all merchants that may preauthorize your account, so you may want to clarify with the merchant prior to making the purchase. However, the merchant should not charge your account an amount different from your actual purchase. If this is done, please contact the merchant immediately.
How long are preauthorizations held against the balance of the account?
They are held up to three (3) business days.