- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- About Us
Qualified applicants should be directed to:
Jenna Fohn Thomas
First National Bank of Bastrop offers a competitive benefits package and an opportunity to work with a financial institution that prides itself on excellent customer service.
First National Bank is currently accepting applications for the following vacancies:
Part-Time Teller: Smithville
Job Posting #: 200313-01
Monday - Thursday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Friday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Customer Service Center Manager
Job Posting #: 200306-01
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. At least five years of recent banking experience related to the essential functions listed below.
Preferred Qualifications: Current Accredited ACH Professional Certification or willingness to obtain accreditation within 18 months. Willingness to maintain AAP Accreditation with continuing education.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of NACHA rules and regulations and familiarity with ACH payment processing and systems.
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills and teamworking abilities applied in the fast-paced world of innovation.
- Proficient technical skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to effectively supervise a diverse group of employees.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and independence.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply written policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to diplomatically, yet effectively, communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of Bank staff, directors, stockholders, and customers.
- Ability to take initiative and maintain flexibility while working in a stressful environment.
- Ability to use Bank equipment, computer systems, and information.
- Have in depth product and process knowledge of all functions of the department, including, but not limited to: Online Banking, Mobile Deposit, ATM Deposit, Wire Transfers, Call First, ACH, Transaction Processing, Cash Management, Exception Item Processing, Debit Card – First Pay, Fraud/Forgeries.
- As a working supervisor, in addition to oversight, participate in the daily performance of customer service duties, independently executing the most complex transactions, while remaining alert for and assisting in customer requirements that are unusual or in dispute.
- Determine any operational challenges, as well as competitive changes within the area, which could influence banking services and growth; responsible for any vendor/product software and related updates.
- Develop and maintain all policies and procedures; responsible for board reporting, risk assessments, annual audits, in areas above.
- Using detailed knowledge of bank policies, procedures and regulations, assure full regulatory compliance in performance of department activities.
- Responsible for Red Flag/ID Theft, including FACTA, Red Flag Matrix, monitoring and reporting.
- Explore customer needs and desires, identifying and presenting information on appropriate bank services, and obtaining customer consent to use the service.
- Attend meetings and trainings that affect department and bank wide operations.
- Serve as administrator on department systems, assigning access/authority levels to users.
- Coordinate on-hold and after-hour/holiday recordings with the Communications Officer and IT department.
- Serve on several Business Resumption Teams in accordance with Business Continuity Plan.
- Conduct customer service training for all front-line employees (CSRs) on functions of the customer service center for a general understanding as well as for completion of tasks on the front-line.
- Maintain good knowledge of all bank services so as to respond to customer comments and inquiries and develop cross-sell opportunities, making proper referrals when appropriate.
- Conduct performance evaluations on customer service representatives; counsel employees; coach/develop employees to higher level of job performance; make recommendations for hiring, discipline, promotion, transfer, and termination of employees in customer service area.
Full-Time Teller: Elgin
Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (rotating)
Full-Time Floater Teller
Any FNB Location depending on need (Bastrop, Cedar Creek, Smithville and Elgin)
Work Hours may include any schedule between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday – Friday; 8 a.m. and 12 noon Saturday (as needed).
Part-Time Teller: Bastrop (Headquarters/Hwy 71)
Monday & Tuesday; 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday & Friday; 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday; 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Full-Time Teller: Cedar Creek
Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
Monday - Friday; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday; 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
(rotating Mondays and Saturdays)
Part-Time Teller: Cedar Creek
Monday; 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday; 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday; 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. (rotating)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.