- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- About Us
Business Checking and Savings Accounts
|Minimum Initial Deposit||Monthly Service Fee||Interest Bearing||Transaction Limitations||MC Debit Card|
|Business Checking||$200||Click for details||•|
|Regular Savings Account||$50||Click for details||•||•|
|Money Market Account||$1500||Click for details||•||•|
What Do I Need to Open A Business Account?
There is specific information we are required to collect on a business—Sole proprietorship, Partnership, Limited Liability Company or Corporation and other non-natural person entity, such as an association or trust.
- Address or place of business
- Employer identification number (EIN)*
*FNB will not be able to open the account if the business is awaiting the issuance of its EIN.
Before opening an account for a business FNB will verify the existence of the business by making a copy of the Original or Certified Original of the following:
- Articles of Incorporation or partnership agreement; or
- DBA (Doing Business As) papers filed with the County Clerk stating the name of the business and the person(s) officially listed as doing business under that name; and/or
- Board of Directors Resolution (must include signature of the President and Secretary) stating the approval of opening an account under the business name and the authorized signers of the account.
Effective May 11, 2018, all banks will be subject to a new rule under the Bank Secrecy Act intended to assist the government and law enforcement in the ongoing fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism. When an account is opened on behalf of a business, or covered legal entity such as a corporation, a limited liability company, a general or limited partnership, or a business trust, we will be required to ask you for certain identifying information of the “beneficial owners” of the business, regardless of whether or not the beneficial owners are owners or signers of the account.
What does this mean for you and your business? Each time an account is opened, whether it be a new deposit account or a new loan, the bank will be required to ask you for identifying information on account owners as well as identification documentation for the beneficial owners of the business. The rule defines a beneficial owner as:
- EACH individual that has 25% or more of the equity interest in the business; and
- ONE individual that has the authority to exercise control of the legal entity (such as a CEO, executive officer, or treasurer)
What type of identifying information will be requested? You will be required to provide the following documentation and to certify that this information is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Identity (for example, a copy of the individual’s Driver’s License or Passport)
If your business has Beneficial Owners as described above who are not currently account owners, we recommend that you obtain this information and keep it current and available to present each time you come in to establish a new account or update an existing account.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
- Business Checking
This account provides free monthly images of your checks along with your statements, free online banking, and many of the other quality services that our customers have come to expect.
- $200 Minimum opening balance
- Business accounts may be assessed a service charge based upon analysis of the account
- Free booklet deposit slips and free zipper moneybag
- Secure night depository drop for after hours deposit at all locations
- Commercial Cash Management available
- Commercial Internet Banking available
- Commercial Business Mastercard® Debit Card for up to 2 employees
- Competitive Merchant Credit Card Processing Program
- Account Analysis services available
Minimum Daily Balance $500.00 or above No charge $499.99 - $400.00 $5.00 $399.99 - $300.00 $6.00 below $300.00 $7.00
Account Analysis allows certain business customers to offset their monthly maintenance fee and account activity charges by maintaining compensating balances. Click here to learn more.
- Business Savings Account
- $50 minimum balance to open
- Interest will be compounded every day. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have temporarily elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
- Excess Withdrawal Fee: An excess withdrawal fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit transaction (withdrawal, automatic transfer or payment out of this account) in excess of nine during a calendar quarter.
Minimum Daily Balance (per calendar quarter) $25.00 and above No charge below $25.00 $1.00
- Business Money Market Account
- $1,500 minimum balance to open
- Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction Limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have temporarily elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) Below $1,500.00 $10.00 $1,500.00 or above No Charge